Primary School vs Secondary School in Malaysia: Noting the Differences
Students enrolled in international education must pass through both primary and secondary education. Though both primary and secondary schools are not different, the education received in both these schools is classified differently.There are few schools in Malaysia that only provide education to the primary level. Your child needs to switch schools in such cases. In this guide, you will know and understand the difference between primary and secondary schools.
What is Primary Education in a School in Malaysia?
Primary education is the basic need for your child, and it is the first step towards receiving education as a student. Primary schools can provide education to students till standard 8; some government-led schools provide free education to children from age 6 to 14 till standard 8.
In recent times, enrolment in primary school has been a success story, especially due to several programs and drives to improve enrolment in remote areas. There are many states in Malaysia that have a 100 percent primary education.
Though there are many challenges that need to be overcome, improving the quality of education is essential for both the states and central government in Malaysia. Your child's age needs to be seven years to receive primary education in Malaysia.
Other important facts regarding primary schooling in the country are:
Primary schools in Malaysia are necessary for all children aged between 7 to 12 years.
Students must sit for common public exams at the end of primary, lower and upper secondary levels.
Both primary and secondary education in Malaysia can make up to 11 years of free education. Out of those years, primary education is for a period of 6 years, while secondary education will span five years.
What is Secondary Education in a Secondary School in Kuala Lumpur?
Secondary education means your child goes to high schools and senior secondary schools. These schools can prepare your child to study at the college level, and plenty of counselling programs are held at such levels to make students aware of the colleges and courses as per trends in the market.
One of the main differences between primary and secondary schools in Kuala Lumpur is the middle school that can help prepare your child for high and secondary school. These schools, in turn, can help prepare your child for college and other higher universities.
Some of the ways that secondary schools can help students are:
Secondary schools can help guide students who participate in different activities and sports programs.
Students can feel motivated, and their skills can be improved, allowing them to choose their career options as per the field they like.
Secondary education can help your child to deal with making decisions on streams such as Science, commerce and arts.
This can help them to decide how worthy they are of education to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer or civil servant.
The government can also help to provide different scholarship programs for poor students so that they have the opportunity to complete their education till standard 12 and also in higher education.
What Are Some Differences Between Primary and Secondary Schools?
Some differences between primary and secondary schools in Kuala Lumpur are as follows:
- Here, students are motivated to improve their speaking and writing skills.
- Students are introduced to some basic subjects such as Science, maths and drawing.
- Age groups start from 5 years for primary education.
- The syllabus is less, along with an easy learning and playful environment in the class.
- There is less homework, and the homework is most creative.
- Students will be introduced to exam patterns, and they can develop a habit of sitting for hours during the examination.
- Students are made aware of their responsibilities in school.
- Here, the students are more focused on English mediums to interact with each other on higher levels.
- Students will be prepared for streams such as art, commerce, Science and much more to decide their future studies.
- The age group starts from 12 in the case of secondary education.
- The syllabus in the secondary school will be conceptual and wide. They will also be very important for the student.
- The homework in such schools is related to scope.
- Students get more mature regarding exam patterns and will also be introduced to board patterns.
- Students will be trained to handle different tasks at the same time.
Importance of Primary and Secondary Schools
Both primary and secondary schools in Kuala Lumpur are an important part of the education system, and neither should be counted as less important. Schools also play an essential role in your child's overall development; you can discuss with your kids about the activities carried out in schools and even talk with teachers.
There are many primary and secondary schools in Malaysia, and both types of schools are important for your child's future. Now that you are properly aware of the qualities of both schools, you need to research to find the best schools and curricula that can benefit your child.
Content writers produce relevant content for websites, blogs, articles, white papers, product descriptions, and social media platforms. They create content that is specifically crafted to capture the attention of a particular target audience.
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 64 Electronics
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 35 Business
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 43 Home & Decor
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 58 Education