A Brief Introduction to Artificial Turf AKA Fake Grass
Artificial turf, often known as artificial grass or fake grass, is increasingly becoming popular yearly. Its application has gone beyond being a playing surface in sports arenas. It is becoming more common in residential, recreational, and commercial applications. Nowadays, artificial grass is found in gyms, children's playgrounds, residential lawns, and even airports. Perhaps, you are still wondering what these grasses entail and why they are becoming more popular. Well, this article will teach you all you should know about it. So, read on for more information.
What is artificial turf made of?
Artificial turf is made from synthetic, man-made fibers like nylon, polyethylene (PE), or polypropylene (PP).
- Nylon: Nylon is the most durable material used to manufacture artificial turf. It is more resilient to wear and tear, heat, and fire than polyethylene and polypropylene. However, it fades when exposed to direct sunlight, making it unsuitable for use outdoors. Again, it absorbs and holds bacteria and stains. And nylon fiber is abrasive. This can cause minor injuries if you fall or slide on it.
- Polyethylene (PE): Polyethylene is an eco-friendly, non-abrasive, soft fiber. It is more affordable than nylon or polypropylene. UV-resistant, so it can't fade in direct sunlight, making it a good choice for outdoor turf.
- Polypropylene (PP): Polypropylene is softer and less abrasive than nylon. And it doesn't fade in direct sunlight. However, it isn't as wear and tear-resistant or heat-resistant as nylon.
Artificial turf is made to mimic the feel and appearance of natural grass. It consists of several layers, including a solid backing, cushioning, drainage layers, and flexible green blades referred to as yarns.
Artificial grass blades are UV-resistant to prevent them from hardening and fading under the sun's heat. Also, the soft polyethylene yarns contain stabilizers that prevent the grass from compacting under foot traffic.
Why should you choose artificial grass?
Indeed, there are obvious benefits to choosing an artificial lawn over a natural one. First, it requires little maintenance, saving you time and money. Also, artificial grass will not die off and turn brown, unlike natural grass. In addition, there are even more benefits of choosing artificial grass.
- Artificial turf is long-lasting: Artificial turf usually lasts 20 years or even longer, creating a "forever lawn." So you can be assured that your lawn will always be green all year round, and you won't have to worry about the weather. No more faded lawns, brown spots, wilting lawns during droughts, and dead patches in the winter.
- Little maintenance is required for artificial turf: With artificial turf, you can say goodbye to regular watering, fertilizing, weeding, and mowing. All you need to do is clear any debris off the grass with the help of a specialized rake. This low maintenance characteristic will help you save the money and time you should spend maintaining your lawn.
- Artificial turf is more affordable than natural lawns: Although the initial costs of purchasing and installing artificial turf are high, in the long run, artificial turf will help you save tons of money you ought to use for lawn maintenance.
- Artificial turf doesn't attract insects: Because it is made of plastic and isn't a natural material, bugs and other crawling animals are less attracted to it.
This article has discussed everything you should know about artificial turf and why they are becoming more popular today, even beyond playing fields.
James here, Being a professional blogger, I am a contributor to SEO Web Logistics.
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 54 Electronics
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 31 Business
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 38 Home & Decor
16 Nov 2022, Wednesday 48 Education